I’ve got a new job, hurray!
Finally after almost 4 months I’ve found a new contract. I haven’t suspected that this can take so long. In the meantime I just had small 2 weeks assignment improve performance of one Zope website.
I’m working in Cambridge now for Cambridge Assessment which is somehow part of University of Cambridge. They have few Zope websites and I’ll be helping them in development and support. Currently everything looks quite complicated and confusing but I just need some time to familiarize myself with the infrastructure and the code. I’ve got my VirtualBox running Ubuntu and already few sites installed using buildout. This is something new to me, which is great because I’ve already learned few things.
Things I like:
- Challenging task ahead of me
- Nice people
- Canteen & bar with tasty food and cheap too
- Bit closer than London
- Flexible hours which hopefully allow me to return home before 5PM
and things I already don’t like:
- Getting up early
- Driving on A14 among heavy traffic
- Parking far from the city (but at least it’s free, except that bus fare is £2.30)